I’m a noise person.
By that I mean, I hate silence. No matter what I’m doing — working, writing, running, cleaning, sitting or staring into space — I need background noise. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a house with six siblings or maybe it’s because my brain is screwed up. Who knows?
This is especially true when I’m writing my novel. Sometimes I listen to music, but sometimes I watch TV, especially shows I’ve seen a gazillion times and practically know by heart. People ask me: How can you concentrate on writing when there is a TV show on? Answer: I don’t know, but it actually makes writing easier. That said, here are my top five shows I like to watch when I’m writing:
1. Veronica Mars: Smart, sassy girl narrator who can work a camera like nobody’s business. Say no more.
2. Greek: Oh ABCFamily, what would I do without you? Also, I have a bit of a crush on Rebecca Logan.
3. Make It Or Break It: Ditto.
4. Gilmore Girls: Fast-talking, too-smart-for-their-own good characters making it on their own in a town that is almost too weird to be real. If only Bunheads were this good.
5. Scrubs: Underrated show about a guy who talks to himself constantly.