It has been another year of amazing trips, new places I didn’t expect to see, and new places I didn’t expect to love.
There was an overall decrease in my travels. This is partly due to the ebb and flow of my work schedule. I took two big vacations in 2014 (Peru and Northern Asia), but far fewer smaller trips, especially to New York City.
My year in numbers:
- 1: New states visited: Alabama. I have now visited 38 states in the U.S.
- 1: New continent visited (South America)
- 4: Credit card applications (pretty dismal for me)
- 5: New countries visited (Peru, China, Japan, Panama)
- 6: Number of free Amtrak trips I received
- 7: Countries visited (counting the U.S.)
- 16: Number of states visited (counting DC)
- 20,000: Number of Amtrak points redeemed
- 11,418: Number of Amtrak points earned (4,051 fewer than 2014)
- 15,000: Number of Amtrak points purchased
- 27: Number of Amtrak trips I have taken (14 fewer than 2014)
- 40: Number of flights (five fewer than 2014)
- 39,676: Number of miles flown (17,890 miles fewer than 2014)
- 657,560: The number of miles/points I’ve redeemed this year. This includes: One business class seat to Peru; one economy seat locally in Peru; one economy ticket from Peru to DC; six hotel nights in Peru; one business class seat from DC to Beijing; one economy seat from Shanghai to Osaka: one first class seat from Osaka to DC; four hotel nights in Beijing; four hotel nights in Shanghai; five hotel nights in Osaka; two hotel nights in Philadelphia; and four hotel nights in Mississippi.