Sometimes it is hard to believe there are people who actually want to know what’s going on inside my head. Haven’t you seen the warnings signs??? I’m a little bit craaaazy…. So imagine my surprise when the kind soul at Lingering Visions nominated me for a Liebster Award.
So what’s a Liebster Award? I’m not really sure, but it has the word “award” in it, so I’m assuming it’s something good. Bring on the awards! Plus it comes with this nifty icon that I get to post all over my blog.
In order to accept my award, I have to follow four simple rules:
- List 11 things about myself
- Answer the 11 questions my nominator has posed
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- List 11 questions of my own for my nominees to answer
Holy crap. This award is a lot of work. But the last award I won was in college and I’m pretty sure it was one of those sympathy awards everyone gets, so here goes.
11 random things about me you probably don’t care about. And yes, there will be a test later.
- I suffer from TV envy. When I walk into someone’s house, and they have a bigger TV than me, I have to resist the urge to wrap my arms around it and yell “mine!”
- I could eat frozen yogurt for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- I love salty foods but hate spicy foods. Example: Mild salsa makes my head burn up.
- I am the second of seven kids.
- I hate dogs. I know I just ticked off 98% of the human race, but it had to be said.
- Mornings are not my friend.
- I have a soft spot for silly TV shows on the CW.
- In the twelfth grade, I entered my dad in a “father of the year” contest and he was a finalist. I’m still peeved we didn’t win, mostly because the winner got to throw out the first pitch at a Cubs game.
- I used to be a decent basketball player.
- I am really good at Boggle.
- I have never been drunk. Except on froyo.
Whew. This is exhausting. Here are Lingering Visions’ questions and my answers:
- Who was/is the most influential person in your life? My parents.
- What have they done to influence you? They believe I can do anything I want to do, and sometimes I believe it too.
- Who was/is the most inspiring person in your life? My grandmother.
- What have they done to inspire you? She lived a passionate life. Apathy was not in her vocabulary.
- If you could interview a celebrity living or dead who would you choose? Bill Gates.
- What would is the one question you would ask him/her? Can I have a check for a million dollars?
- Do you have a place you go to be alone with your thoughts that gives you a feeling on inner peace? Any place where I’m listening to my iPod. Music is my escape.
- Which of your blood relatives are you closest too? My three sisters.
- Which blog post is your favorite so far? I really like my about page. I guess that means I’m really self-centered, but it captures who I am.
- Is it also your most popular? No! Not by a long shot. So go ahead and show the about page some love.
- What is your next project? I have many projects. Here are some: Run a half marathon without dying, finish the second draft of my novel, plan our trip to Paris, win a gold medal in the Olympics, become independently wealthy.
Blogs I’ve nominated. This means I think you’re kinda awesome. Or I was struggling to get to 11 blogs and I stumbled upon yours. Either way, now you get to brag about getting an award. P.S. I have no idea how many followers you have, so if you’re already super popular, good for you.
11 questions for the aforementioned kinda awesome blogs:
- What is your favorite song to work out to? (I really need new running songs so make them good.)
- In a parallel universe, you are….
- What is your secret talent most people don’t know you possess?
- What’s your favorite word?
- What’s your least favorite word?
- What movie do you watch over and over again?
- What is the blog you read first in the day (besides your own)?
- What is your favorite mode of travel?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? “I don’t like ice cream” is not an acceptable answer.
- Glee is a) awesome; b) ridiculous–why are they constantly breaking out in song; or c) what’s Glee?
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
And done! Now, I am officially an award-winning blogger. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.