I’ve never been very good at “living in the moment.” What does that say about me? That I’m antsy, that I’m an obsessive planner, that I have deep psychological problems? Check, check, and uh… check? I am perpetually looking forward, which I suppose is better than looking backwards. So here are all the things I’m looking forward to this month in no particular order:
1. Thanksgiving trip to Bermuda with The Boyfriend: Okay, this item is number one for the obvious reason that it is the most awesome thing happening this month. It’s been a while since The Boyfriend and I went on a trip in which one of us did not get sick en route. Also, I’m giddy at the prospect of escaping the looming cold weather even if it is only for three days.
2. Twilight, the finale: Yes, I am one of those mildly intelligent people who allow their minds to turn to slush in return for an implausible love story and mediocre acting. What can I say in my defense? Not much, except that I’m a fifteen-year-old girl at heart. And yes, I will be dragging The Boyfriend along.
3. The election: Elections are fun. I get to vote and I get a sticker.
4. Planning our December trip: The Boyfriend has confirmed that he has enough vacation days for a short trip to Europe at the end of December – woohoo. Last year, we went to London for Christmas and New Years, and this year I have my sights set on Spain. I’m just waiting for a fresh batch of 50,000 United miles to post, and then I can book our flights and start the obsessive planning.
5. Veterans Day: Just found out I have off from work. Go veterans!
6. The new James Bond movie: Honestly, I am not at all excited about this movie. But The Boyfriend is very excited, and I have dragged him to a slew of girl movies recently (Celeste and Jesse Forever, The Perks of Being a Wallflower), so I am excited for him.
Those are the biggies for me. What are you looking forward to?